Sunday, July 20, 2008

Quick update

Wanted to post a quick update before I head out the door in 10 minutes. Otherwise you'd probably have to wait til next weekend, and I'd hate to keep you on the edge of your seats :)

This week we met with more a/c people and got some additional quotes on a new unit. One of the people was a friend of a friend, and he kindly recharged and replaced our freon. Turns out we had almost NO freon in the unit (stupid leak), which is why the air in our house wasn't very cold. He also thinks he'll be able to get a good price on a system for us, so keep your fingers crossed!

We also digitized several more of Grandpa's photo albums this week, and I think Eric should be sending the "photo of the week" later today. We're really enjoying looking through the old albums, and it's amazing to see how much some of Eric's cousins/siblings look like their aunts and uncles at that age!

On Friday, Eric went to part one of his college roommate's bachelor's party: poker night. Eric won the tourney (that lasted past 1 a.m.). Maybe we should book a flight to Vegas! Last night, he headed to another city for part two of the bachelor's party. Hopefully they all had a great time!

Since Eric was gone, our friend Danielle came over to hang out with me. It was great to see her since she's been studying for the bar all summer, and I haven't seen her since May! We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner, watched a movie, and chatted. She takes the bar in two weeks, so I'm looking forward to seeing her more often soon! As I mentioned, I'm on my way out the door. I'm headed to a marketing conference in Atlantic City -- two coworkers and I are driving! I'm excited to attend several of the seminars, so hopefully it will be a good trip.

Well I have five minutes to get out the door, so I better be off. Have a great week!

No comments: