Sunday, September 19, 2010

Two weeks for the price of one

Apparently I skipped a post last week - oops. So to catch you up, the week before last was the week of the baby shower. My coworkers threw a shower for me on Wednesday afternoon, and it was wonderful! We had a taco bar for dinner (yum!), and there were lots of wonderful gifts.

Then on Saturday, my college friends hosted a shower for me. While it was a small group, it was also a really fun one - and I enjoyed getting to have a chance to chat with friends I haven't seen in awhile. Barbi is also a champ and made it to the shower just 13 days after having a baby. I don't forsee me being that brave!

Since Eric was out of town for Ty's birthday party, I had the whole weekend to organize gifts and finish setting up the room. I even washed sheets and the changing pad cover, so the room looks complete. I think all we need now is the baby! (I say that now...I'm sure there will be at least one midnight run to the store in our future).





This week was much less exciting...and was full of long days at work. It's not a good sign when you're ready for the weekend and it's only Tuesday! We took it easy this weekend - got the car seat bases installed in both cars, ran errands and watched a lot of football (go Bears!).

Baby is probably more than 18.5 inches long and is packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. The average weight at this stage is 6 pounds, but the doctor guessed this little one was closer to 5 pounds at my appointment. (Don't worry - she's growing right on track...I'm just probably not going to have a moose-sized baby). She's shedding most of the hair that covered her body, as well as the waxy substance that kept her from turning into a prune during her 9-month spa experience. She'll be full term at the end of this week...and could technically arrive at any time (eek!).

No comments: