Sunday, January 16, 2011

A bit overdue

Hm, apparently it's been over a month since our last update. And here I thought I was only two weeks behind. Oops! Let's see if I can remember back that far to do a quick update...

Shortly around the time of our last post, M stared sleeping through the night. (And there was much rejoicing!) She still has a few off nights, but she's pretty consistently sleeps from 10 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. This makes for a very happy mommy and daddy.

We greatly enjoyed her first Christmas, and she got lots of wonderful toys, books, clothes and mementos. Of course, she had no idea what was going on, but she sat very happily in her swing and looked at the lights on the tree while we opened gifts.

That next week, we went in for her 3 month appointment. She got the rest of her shots, and she weighed in at 10 lb, 14 oz. I believe that put her in the 3rd-5th percentile for height and 5th-10th percentile for weight.

This was her first week of school, and she's done really well. Her classroom is wonderful, and we love her teachers. While I knew she was on the small size, I didn't realize quite how small she was until I met the other kids in her group. A little boy who is 2-3 weeks older than her is about twice her size (seriously), and a little girl who is a month younger than M is easily 2-3 inches longer and 3 pounds heavier. Guess she's going to be a petite little thing!

And yesterday, M learned a new trick - she started rolling from her tummy to her back! She did it about three times in a row for a big audience, and she did it again this morning. Guess we'll have to start think about baby proofing before too long...

No comments: